Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Little Darling

Today I have a song for you. A lullaby I wrote after Norah was born and in the hospital for 60 days.  This song is for her.  This song is for all mamas.  This song is for all children.  This song is for you. 


 


Little Darling

How do you do my baby?
How do you do today?
How do you do little darling,
on this Beautiful day?

Did you stay warm my baby?
Did you stay warm today?
Did you stay warm little darling,
when cold winter blues filled your day?

When the winter wind is here
I'll hold you by my side
when the evening lasts too long
I'll entertain you all night long

What do you need my baby?
What do you need today?
What do you need little darling,
to hide all your troubles away.

What can I give you baby?
What can I give you today?
What can I give little darling.
to melt all your worries away?

When the springtime rain is here
I'll keep you warm and dry
when the rainclouds last too long
I'll entertain you all day long

When you grow my baby.
When you grow old some day.
When you grow old little darling
I'll love you just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment