Friday, September 13, 2013

Accepting the Unexpected

I have always been one to set goals and pursue dreams as I stroll along on this planet.  Whether I graduated college, accepted a teaching position, or recorded an album, I have been able to check a few life visions off my bucket list.  These things never come easy, believe me.

The dedication and perseverance it takes to accomplish our desires is sometimes beyond what the human psyche can handle.  But the fact is, I wouldn't want to live in a stagnant- spinning- hamster wheel kind of place.  My spirit is always craving a new endeavor to connect, grow, and create.  

The area I find most challenging is accepting the unexpected.  As we set high hopes and try to make our visions a reality, there are times when tribulations occur in a way we least anticipate.  The barriers that pop up and the storms that alter our current comfort zone can shake us to the core.  I find it is our attitude and finesse during these inconveniences that bring us to see our true self. 

Sometimes the mirror is foggy, even broken.  Take it as an opportunity to look beyond what is directly in front of you.  The possibilities to change your mind and present yourself in a whole new light may refresh your complexion and illuminate your reflection.  

Just roll with it.  You may find yourself in an even more desirable and more valuable place in life by looking through a different plane, or listening to a ringing echo.  Accept the unexpected.  What angle, what viewpoint, what temperament are you choosing as you embrace your current situation?
Rocky Mountains
Photo by: Charity Huot Benedict 

No comments:

Post a Comment