Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Infinite Sunset

I have loved to write ever since I can remember.  Coloring, doodling, journaling, songwriting, and poetry are a few of my favorite writing activities.  The connection of paper, thoughts, and pen/pencil/marker fill a desire to create.  

Last winter I took a children's book writing course.  I have been working on a few children's stories that I hope to publish one day.  During class we would always do a writing prompt.  For one of the sessions, there was a jar full of folded up pieces of paper with a word on each one.  We were to pick one of those words from the jar and write about it.  So, my word was:  INFINITY.  Of course, my first thought was "Toy Story"... To infinity and beyond!  But I was not going to write about a cartoon.  The real thought that entered my mind and sparked my pen to skip across my paper was a sunrise/sunset: two of my favorite moments in each day.  So, below is my writing prompt about Infinity.  


Infinity

I stood there, and witnessed the beauty before my eyes
The sun dipped into the ocean beneath the skies

I was captivated and feeling high
a timeless revelation in disguise 

water washed over my feet
wind blew and set me free
a soul fire burned in me

For always, and beyond, endlessly

All of the worlds matter and energy
devours our ideas in this country

There is more to explore for us to see
A spiritual everlasting discovery

A dancing paintbrush transformed the atmoshphere
A continuos canvas of radiant colors appeared

This stimulating sight connected soul to earth
An immesurable and unfading moment of re-birth

Infinite Sunset, Rincon Puerto Rico
Photo by: Charity Huot Benedict 


No comments:

Post a Comment